Programming language suitable for implementation tasks ranging from scripting to application development, and supporting the creation of new programming languages. It includes the DrRacket programming environment, a virtual machine with a just-in-time compiler, and various other tools.
Pharo's goal is to deliver a clean, innovative, free open-source Smalltalk-inspired environment. By providing a stable and small core system, excellent dev tools, and maintained releases, Pharo is an attractive platform to build and deploy mission critical Smalltalk applications.
Heather is an general-purpose multiparadigm programming language. It is strongly typed, offering type inference and parametric polymorphism ("generics"). It is consequently object oriented (everything is a object, even functions), while its consequent multiple dispatch approach keeps a strong
... [More] functional touch. The object model is class-oriented, supporting multiple inheritance as well as the
separation of types ("protocols", "interfaces") and classes.
The grammar is regular, small, and (mostly) context free. In particular it can be parsed without symbol tables, and does not require a special preprocessor since it offers powerful hygienic macros as part of the language and special support for conditional compilation. [Less]
huginn - programming language with no quirks, so simple every child can master it.
Huginn is a computer programming language with following traits:
- functional style (functions, lambdas and closures are first class citizens)
- object oriented (user defined types
... [More], composition, inheritance, exceptions)
- introspective, non-reflective type system
- strongly typed (absolutely no implicit value conversions and no implicit type coercion)
- dynamically typed (final type consistency checks are done at runtime)
- duck typing
- no quirks guarantee
- support arbitrary precision calculations per built-in type
- interpreter/executor trivially embeddable in C++ code [Less]
Marv is designed to be non-intrusive and features both static and early dynamic detection of numerous errors.