The GNOME 2.2+ print architecture.
The goals of this architecture include:
* Absolutely uncompromised output quality
* Speed, memory efficiency, and other related performance goals
* Ability to work smoothly with Postscript printers, fonts, and other
* A screen display derived from the Canvas
* An extension path for a wide variety of Unicode scripts
* An extension path for a richer set of graphics operators than Postscript
supports, especially transparency
* To make life as easy as possible for application developers
These details are provided for information only. No information here is legal advice and should not be used as such.