26
I Use This!
Activity Not Available

Ratings and Reviews : Listing

Ivan Vučica says:
Interesting piece of software  
4.0
   
written over 15 years ago

Although installation is all-but-simple (even in Debian), the feeling of having your own Sourceforge cannot be replaced by anything else. Worth a shot.

3 out of 3 users found the following review helpful.
Did this review help you? |
Dirk Riehle says:
Software Forge  
0.0
 
written over 15 years ago

This is an open source software forge that can be put to production use. It is non-trivial to set up---you need to know all the included tools like mailman and subversion as well. Based on the original sourceforge.net code, however, it has proved its value over time.

2 out of 3 users found the following review helpful.
Did this review help you? |
nuxtech says:
GForge AS not worth it  
0.0
 
written about 13 years ago

We purchased GForge AS 5.5 in 2008.

The support is non-existant.
They take ages to fix bugs.
It is lacking some really simple things - espesially the document management tools.
It is extremely difficult to install.
Only a few linux distros are supported.
Only works on PostgreSQL.
Everyting works 95%, but it is the other 5% you really need to work.

The Office plugins and IDE tools does not work, is seriously useless.

GForge AS ended up costing our company a lot of time.

We are looking for ways to migrate to other alternatives.

1 out of 1 users found the following review helpful.
Did this review help you? |