Dear Open Hub Users,
We’re excited to announce that we will be moving the Open Hub Forum to
Beginning immediately, users can head over,
get technical help and discuss issue pertinent to the Open Hub. Registered users can also subscribe to Open Hub announcements here.
On May 1, 2020, we will be freezing https://www.openhub.net/forums and users will not be able to create new discussions. If you have any questions and concerns, please email us at
If you look at the forum post listing for this forum, the last post dates are all over the place. I made a new post just now and I was unable to find it again in the forum post listings. It's
probably buried on some random page (I tried the first and the last page, but it was on neither).
Actually, it looks like none of the projects I contributed to (except for Drupal contributions) have been updated in months. Some haven't been updated for 2 months, but many of them haven't been updated in half a year, or sometimes even more.
At least for the Scheme programming language, the language overview page at https://www.openhub.net/languages/scheme doesn't seem to get updated at all anymore.
For instance, just click on the top
committer under recently active shirok, https://www.openhub.net/accounts/shirok - the list claims he made 89 commits between August and October. However, on his personal accounts page you see he made 109 commits in August and September alone. Now, Gauche has large parts written in C, so that could explain it, but if you look at Bert Burgemeister (the third on the list), he has made 56 commits in p-rout, which is almost entirely written in Scheme while the list claims he made only 44 commits.
As for myself (https://www.openhub.net/accounts/sjamaan), you can see in the commit history overview graph that I've made over 100 commits these past two months in the Chicken numbers library. Now, many of those commits were in the C file in that project, but I'm pretty sure that I made a lot more than 10 commits to the Scheme files in said project.
The licenses issue seems to have been fixed, but the languages summary still shows a huge amount of Puppet code. I don't know if this is supposed to be the actual code or historical, but we don't use
Automake anymore either and as far as I know there's no TeX in the current codebase either.
When I look at the hot projects page for the Scheme language today, it shows only three projects with a nonzero hotness score. And the selection it makes from the projects with a zero score seems
pretty random and not very useful; for example the scsh-telnet and rscheme projects are dead and both have 0 I use this ratings.
I can name several Scheme projects which are more active than the two aforementioned ones, for example Guile and CHICKEN Scheme. Both projects have seen commits in the last two weeks (as measured by ohloh). I committed to another Scheme project this weekend, but Ohloh hasn't picked up on the commits yet (that's is almost a week ago, so maybe the hotness score should take into account the last updated timestamp when calculating scores?). The project in question is CHICKEN bindings for PostgreSQL; it claims to have updated its stats 4 days ago, but there have been 8 commits on 2014-02-16.
Perhaps the problem is that it's calculating some kind of absolute hotness, which means that the main overview of hot projects is fine, but the quality of the hotness overview per language suffers from it for the less popular languages. Perhaps the hotness score should not be limited to 100, or should be weighted in some way so you get a relative hotness score when selecting a less popular language. If the precision is cranked up, that should work: instead of the less popular language projects all ending up at zero they'd be close to zero but at least show some more useful relative sort order than what's happening currently.
Sorry to respond so late, I hadn't noticed I got a reply here. CASE Builders is not exactly the successor to Solide ICT; the companies merged and split up again later.
The user overview info still shows 1 organisation :/
Several links on the languages page result in a 404. The affected languages seems to be a pretty random collection:
Digital Mars D
Correction: the date did not get updated. (I just force-refreshed the form and it disappeared). Stupid browser caching ;)
I think I've found a bug.
When you change your contributor status of a project (for example modify the start or end date you were active on the project), ohloh sends out a you got a new kudo
from XYZ for project ABC message, presumably for every kudo you got for that project.